Monday, November 8, 2010

Short update: I am going to run tomorrow

I do not know what the deal was on Saturday. It really looks like it was shoes-induced. Stupid shoes! If only I could get a note from a doctor that I cannot wear anything but sneakers. That way I could wear sneakers all the time, even to work where business casual is required...

ITB feels alright, like usual, not too bad not too good so I am going to run tomorrow. I told my coach but have not received any response to that. She was either too horrified by the idea and now she thinks I am a lost case and does not want to have anything to do with me anymore or she thinks it is an obvious choice and it does not deserve a comment:) Or she just lets me choose since it is my leg. I suspect it is a combination of number 1 and 3.

I have not had any problem (and only very occasional tingling, like 1-2 a day) since that scary Saturday morning. I really got scared. Because I am trying hard to keep ITB happy and then suddenly that.

I do not think it will get worse if I run. So tomorrow early morning it is a workout time! I have 3 workouts next week (2 hard ones, 1 easy-peasy) and since I am working till Tuesday night and going to Hawaii on Thursday (I have probably mentioned this here on my blog like 10x, but I do not care. I am excited!), I need to do one workout on Monday so I can fit in with work and travels.

And I have not ridden my bike for 2 weeks now. Of course I ride it to school and to work but it is not the same as doing long weekend rides. And I am not going to ride it next weekend (Hawaii) or the weekend after (race) or the weekend after (Thanksgiving, my sis is here). I can ride the weekend after that and then next weekend is a race and then one more free weekend for bike (if I do not sell it by then). Wow, it seems I have only 2 weekends (maybe even only 1:((() for riding a bike before I leave on Dec 20th! Shoot! That's not good.

3 comments:

  1. Ughhh injuries!! Good luck...let me know hwo it goes...After all that time off, it still bothers you?! Thank you for your comments. It is hard to hear but true. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. with other athletes i would say NO.... 3 days off and then reconsider but since you tend to be really conservative yourself, i feel comfortable with you giving it a try. i would definitely prefer two days of pain-free easy running before you try a work-out though.
    and i think we should reconsider the 10 km b/c as much as you are convinced it was the shoes... the fact is it happened 2 days after a 5 km on the roads (as you pointed out) so I'm not completely sold on it being ONLY the shoes.

    surely there exist business casual shoes that won't bother your IT band???

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said before it was 5k that weakened the ITB, no doubt, because I could feel it sometimes. But I was still able to run, walk painfree until Sat morning and my runs during the week did not seem to make it worse. Also couple weeks ago it did not feel 100% but I ran and it "healed" itself because we did things right-lower mileage, mostly quality miles, no runs on road. Therefore I think I can just do the same thing now.
    And yes, 10k on a road is not a good idea.

    Anyway, I am off to track and will see how it goes and let you know.

    ReplyDelete