Monday, November 1, 2010

26 on 26 not happening, Happy B-day to ME and some cool pictures to show you

Yeah, I turned 26 today. So I am officially on the wrong side of 25:)

Obviously I am not running any marathon today, so no 26 on 26. I will just wait 16 more years and then do 42 on 42. And it will be Sunday so it should not be a problem to find a race to run.

You know what the best part of my birthday is? All Halloween candy went on sale today. I already got some.

And here are some cool photos I wanted to show you: (I do not have any photos when I was a little baby because I was born 2 months before due date (I weighted hardly 6 pounds and was 18.5 inches long) and apparently I looked horribly so my parents did not take any pictures of me. I think that most babies do not look that nice for first couple weeks but imagine a small crumpled not fully developed baby and then that baby gets pneumonia when 3 months old and looses even more weight to sub-5 pounds...But I still turned out pretty good:) And I know this is not funny, at least it was not back then but now I find it amusing. I think I was a dream baby of all parents because I would sleep the whole night from the day they were allowed to take me home. My parents have lived with my grandparents for first couple months and because I did not scream in night, my grandmother used to sit in front of my parents' bedroom and cry because she was sure I died in my sleep and my awful parents were having a good night sleep by my corpse. I told you. Not funny.)

Here are those pictures:

My own private pool:) Nowadays kids would not consider a bucket filled with water a private swimming pool but as you can see I had a blast. (I also used to ride a small kids bike that my grandfather found somewhere behind their garden. He brought it home, my dad repaired and painted it and off I went. My mom also used to give me a bone from chicken thigh with a bit of meat on it instead of lollipops. Bucket as a pool, a junk bike and bones? Don't think anything bad of my family though. This was completely normal (and candy is BAD) 26 years ago in a small village of less than 1000 people in Czechoslovakia. Or so I hope:)



Start of my running career. This picture cracks my sister up.


Me and my little sister. You see that sisters' love?


Me and sis playing in our parents' first car! (I am surprised my dad let us in:)



I do not have any more baby pictures on my computer to amuse you:(

Training related: I swam 1.2k during lunch break and am off for an easy 6 mile run.

4 comments:

  1. Cool pics. And I get life as a child in Czechoslovakia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww happy birthday! And great pics :)I am also on the wrong side of 25...I saw my name on the Boston Marathon list of entrants and next to it my age said 27 because that is how old I will be on race day haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. today is my birthday too! hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-day Meagan!

    And thank you Keri and Meagan.

    Ana-Maria, I am sure that your life as a kid was even more amusing then mine:) It's interesting because my sister definitely did not "swim" in a bucket or had chicken bones as a lollipops (although she used the same bike):) She was born in 1989, not rised by "old" people aka grandparents and also we were living in a city by that time, so it was different. I was a real countryside child!

    ReplyDelete