Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Calves and heart rate monitor (unrelated)

Calves are killing me! After the workout on Monday they got all knotted and sore. Also at the beginning of this year they were sometimes like that and I do not know why. Therefore I bought the compression socks to see whether they can help. I think they did so maybe I will put them on for workout tomorrow. And then I will be a geek runnig track intervals in compression socks...Whatever. I would do anything to help it. I have never had that problem before.

And I got a heart rate monitor today. I have been eying it for some time now but it was just too expensive, $100. But today it was on sale because it is Veteran's Day tomorrow. For $40. So I got it. Originally I wanted my parents to buy one for me for Xmas, but this was an opportunity I could not pass. So I will tell my parents to get me these cool dioptric sunglasses from Adidas. They are sport sunglasses but you can put dioptric lenses in and choose different shades (yellow, clear, blue...) And since I bike without glasses and consequently don't see that great, it would be great to have something like this to actually see. Both for my safety and for enjoying the scenery.
They also had Timex Ironman watch on sale. I was very very tempted to get that as well. Because I have Timex Ironman watch now and LOVE it. I got that watch for my 15th birthday! I have had it for 11 years! Can you believe that? So maybe it is time to upgrade. But since that watch still works flawlessly I don't really need a new one.

Back to heart monitor. I have read few articles about training with HRM. Although I don't think it will be useful for running and I am definitely not going to wear it for running (except tomorrow to see how it works. So I will be a geek wearing compression socks AND heart rate monitor) I think it will be great for bike training. It seems that a lot of people use HRM for biking.
I will not do that much biking for the rest of the year but the HRM will not go everywhere, so I can use it next year.
Now I only need to borrow some books about heart rate cyclist training.
I am looking forward to that!!!

No run today, only 1k swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment