Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I have found my limit

My bike/distance/temperature limit.

Today was the coldest day of the winter so far, 20F (or -6C if you want) and I had to bring the mountain bike to a colleague. I knew that it will be miserable and it indeed was. I had 3 pairs of socks, 4 layers on upper body, 2 on legs, 2 pairs of gloves, 3 hats, scarf and hand warmers in case I need them.
14 miles. It took my around 80min on that crapy bike on sidewalks in occasional snowstorm. The last 2.5miles were the worst because by that point my fingers and toes were totally frozen, my nose was running and I turned into terrible headwind. Blah.
So that's it. My bike/temp/dist limit. 20F and 80min.

Then I had to get back of course. I added the 5th layer and off I went. Thankfully I was supposed to meet with a friend to say bye to her so I got to spend some time in a heated room after 2hours of walking. I somehow defrosted myself, added the 6th layer and I continue my journey. I took my around 4 hours total to walk back.
My fingers are still little cold.

It was a good training! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment