Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Biking, grrrr

After 7 days of not even seeing a bike I did 1h easy ride followed by 3x1min one legged drills.

Biking is killing me, as usual!
The ride itself was pretty good actually, I was surprised. P 156, C 76, HR 146. Pretty good.
Plus all bruises, scratches etc I caused to myself doing those long rides without any butt crean have healed themselves in past 7 days so that was great:)

But my hip flexors are totally sore and tight now. It is unbelievable. I was making sure that I pull up and on the top and bottom of the pedal stroke. And ouch!!! The left one is worse than the right one, and I really need to do some extra exercises to solve this.

I also went swimming in the morning and it was not too bad (except for the fact that I had to pay for it). There were not many people and I was actually able to swim. Unfortunately I do not know where I put my stopwatch so doing any fast intervals did not make any sense. I did 600m w/up, 10x100 steady w/~10sec rest, 5x (100m bands, 100m drills), 400m c/d. Total 3k. Not too bad.
At first I was little scared that I will swim hard into the wall and die but after a while I got a feeling how long it takes me to get there so I did not have to lift my head every few seconds.
There were two guys in a lane next to me and there was a person in my lane so I was swimming close to that floating thing than divides lanes. The guy close to me was swimming free style (only me and him were swimming free) and his recovery with left arm was so wide that he actually hit me couple times. His left arm was completely parallel to water during recovery. Interesting.

Ok, I am going to stretch my hip flexors.

No comments:

Post a Comment