Friday, December 30, 2011

Packing. Almost ready!

I hate packing!!! Because I want to take everything with me but I cannot:(
It is not that I am attached to my clothes. I just do not want to throw away (or give to Salvation Army) stuff that I will have to buy again once I settle down.

It has turned out I have more things than I thought I did. It does not look than much in closets but when I started putting it into suitcases, hm hm hm. It is more than it looks.
I have some clothes and stuff that will go to Salvation Army tomorrow, then I have one suitcase (all of my nice work cloths and shoes, skiing gear and some winter clothes) that I am leaving with a friend. If I come back I will have it here waiting for me, if I don't she will give it to SA. Then I have another suitcase that I am taking with me plus another case for a bike. They are not heavy though but I have to take two with me because I am taking home trainer with me and I cannot put bike and trainer into one case.
And I am taking with me a lot of stupid things like swim paddles and foam roller. I have to because last winter it took visits to 14 different stores in Slovakia to find paddles. And I am 100% that nobody has even heard of something like a foam roller there. Yeah, we (or better they, because I am) are not spoiled by such "gadgets" in Slovakia:)

This moving and getting rid of things has one advantage though! I do not have to do dishes anymore because everything is going into garbage. Well, I have one cup and one plate (I used to have two but the other one broke) so it has never been too much washing dishes anyway, haha.

I am off for the second swim of the day (Main set: 30x100. WTF?!?). My first ever swimming double! Not that I think that it is something special but maybe sometime in the future when I decide to actually keep a good training log I will come back here to try to get some info about my training.

I am going to stay with a friend tomorrow therefore I have to get both swim and bike before she picks me up at 4pm. Tomorrow is probably my last swim in the US. That would be 7 swims in a row (in 6 days). Also 4h ride tomorrow. The longest trainer ride ever. Then 3 hours on Sunday and I will be very close to 20hours. I have a feeling that I should have tried to buy chamois cream or whatever it is called before this weekend. Ouch.

2 comments:

  1. Paddles are NOT stupid things. Very important! And they don't take up much room.

    Welcome to becoming a swimmer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's a little bit weird to say I'll miss you when you go... but i will miss knowing that you are on this side of the pond. I don't believe that "things have a way of working out" but what i do believe is that motivated people who work hard to make things work out... wind up having things work out and you definitely fall into that category! So I wait with great anticipation to read to next chapter... until then swim hard and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete