Monday, December 20, 2010

X-country skiing race!!!! = Dream might come true

I am bored. It is raining (still and again) and all my things are packed and I do not want to read books because if I read them now what am I going to read in the plane (if I ever get to board one:))

I did something little stupid today. Since my flight got canceled I had time to go to the hairdresser to use the gift card I won. And I also got this special treatment for my hair and only afterwards the lady told me that I cannot wash/let get wet my hair for 3 days. Shoot! That means that I cannot go swimming:( And since it rains the whole and every day I can not go running outside! I hope it does not rain tomorrow otherwise I will have to use treadmill (I have never run on treadmill, except for once for like 40seconds so it was not a real run). Or I can wear my waterproof jacket and run outside? But what it my hair get wet and then the whole point of the treatment (and $$$) would go down the drain.

I got confirmation that they issued me a new ticket for Dec 23th through Amsterdam (I love Amsterdam after spending there 2 days on my way here in June..) with the arrival in Vienna on 24th. Let's just say that my parents were thrilled about it because 24th is THE Xmas in Slovakia, not the 25th.

Onto more cheerful note. There is this X-country ski race in Slovakia that I have wanted to do for past 8-9 years but never had a chance because I was either in the US or not trained enough or my parents did not share my enthusiasm. But it is on Jan 29.-30. next year and I will be home that time (I am planning on leaving on the 31st)!!! So I am definitely going to do it!!!
My parents will think that I am crazy but whatever. Now I only need to decide what I want to do. 45k freestyle, 25k freestyle or 25k classic style? Ok, 45k freestyle might be little too much for now. So let's just stick to 25k. Freestyle or classic? I do not know yet, free is on 29th and classic on 30th so I guess I will decide when I know for sure when (and IF) I am leaving for Michigan. And also when I see the conditions around our house in the middle-of-nowhere. There are no maintained trails, it is usually us (me and my father) creating the path for ourselves - so obviously it is classic style. But if I get to go to the ski resort not far from my grandparents' house, there are maintained trails and I can do freestyle. So I will see.
Or can I do both?

I AM SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. IT IS USUALLY HELD IN FEBRUARY SO WHEN I SAW THAT IT IS IN JANUARY NEXT YEAR I LITERALLY START JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment