Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week update

Ok, so I am back to France.

As I had predicted I have not run (almost) at all. But this time it was not only my laziness and my non-understanding parents, I had problems with bronchioles and was coughing and it was just better not to run than to listen to my mother's lecture on how I am going to end up getting pneumonia if I run. Not running was so much easier than listening to that:)

So Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday = no run.
I wonder whether it is possible to gain 13 pounds in a week because if it is, I am sure I did it.
I spend 4 days with my parents and 4 with grandparents and you can imagine how it is when you visit your parents and grand-parents after almost 5 months. They prepare all your favorite foods and my family is no exception. I end up eating way too much cakes, pies, ice cream (when my mom and grandmother were not watching), nuts, fruits, puddings and more cakes and pies. Occasionally I ate also some normal food but 94,73% of my food was sweet. I know, I am an idiot. But it can not do any harm once or twice a year. I hope.

Basically I was loaded with sugar and then I had this great idea to run 10k race on Saturday in a city where my parents leave. By Saturday my cough was gone but I still had to listen to "pneumonia lecture" both from my mom and grandmom.
One would guess that being loaded with sugars should help me, but no. I was sluggish and it was a pure torture.
The fact that I had no running clothes with me was not helping neither- I wore my worn-out trails sneakers and old pants that were too short and too loose so I looked like a complete weirdo compared to other runners that were wearing shorts or spandex.
I ran 44:35 (and was 1st woman (out of 4:)), but not prize money, grrr).
Now I know that doing nothing but eating sugar all week before a race does not help my performance:) But I should have known before...

Today I did another stupid thing: I decided to do 12k since I am back in France and bored and I decided not to wear my supportive knee bandage. Bad decision. I did 8.5k and then had to stop because my knee started to act up. So I walked 3.5k back. I hope it will not have any consequences. But it is weird because I started running at the beginning of March so I though that I should already be fine without support, but apparently not. This means that my knee is not 100% yet! Bummer. But I am going to keep running but only with bandage.

On non-running note: I got the internship with Detroit company. I am soooooo excited!!!! But I need to start on June 1 and there is no way that they can obtain permission from US homeland security/immigration office to hire me in less than 4 weeks so it seems that I will have to get visa paperwork form one of those hyperexpensive agencies (it will cost me around 1000Euros min). But I am sure it is worth it.

Now I am off to study for Accounting final exam I have tomorrow.

1 comment: