Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Today was crazy and I am tired

I went to sleep at 2am because I had to finish visa sponsorship paperwork. Which means that I have not studied for my Strategy exam at all. Although I knew it would be an easy exam, I got up at 7am to study until 9am.
From 10 to 12 I took the exam and then spend another 2 hours working on visa thing.

Then went to running practice, which was pretty good. Of course we did 6x500 as every Tuesday (honestly, I think I might stop going there only because we always do the same thing!!!).
I was supposed to do 1:43-45 and I had only the best intentions to stick to it.
I did the first interval in 1:43 (although I started little bit off 100m mark and therefore it would be appropriate to add 1-1,5sec to every interval).
Next was 1:41, then 1:39, 1:40, 1:38, 1:34 (plus 1sec to each of them).
Why have not I sticked to my plan? Pride. If I had continued running at that pace, I would have been among the last people in our group. In our running group nobody knows anything about running, paces, VOMax and everybody just runs without any plan. This meant that some people did 1:41 for the first one, then 1:46-48 for next ones and last in 1:36. What's the point?
I am too proud to finish last in front of our running group, rugby players and other people on the track. I know it is not right because those people do not know anything about running and I should not care about them and do my thing but I cannot help it.
And it drives me crazy when a volleyball player comes to me after my 5th interval of 6x1000m with 200m jog between and says that 3:41 is pretty slow and that I should run faster. Would not you want to kill him? I know that he would not be able to do that workout at that pace, he might not be able to do one 1000m at 3:41 and that he does not understand anything, but still. It makes me to want to run faster to show him that I can run faster 1000m!
Therefore running alone somewhere in the woods is so much better:) No pressure (apart from Garmin).
After the workout I did 4k cool down, some abs and back exercises.

Then I spend another hour on visa thing and finally sent it to the sponsoring agency.

At 5pm I decided that I should benefit from the awesome weather we have today and that I should go get some peanut butter and those protecting things for knees and elbows for roller skaters (yeah, I brought my skates with me from Slovakia and I am very likely to kill myself in next few days using them).
So 8k to the store, bought "protectors", eggplant and peanut butter (I just realized that I bought the chunky one instead of smooth one. Well, the advantage is that now I am not going to eat the entire jar in 2 days) and 8k back.
I got to my room at 9pm and I am exhausted.

I have quiz in school tomorrow and have not studied for it yet. It seems that I will have to get up at 7am again tomorrow to get prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment