Sunday, April 11, 2010

Barcelona weekend

Barcelona was fun but let me just say that I was the only one who went there to do sports...

I was too naive and thought that it was about volleyball. In fact it was more about parties, sangria and tapas. (There is one thing about me: I do not like parties, going out with people in night and I do not drink)

Of course we played also volleyball: we had two teams, and both of them managed to get to quarterfinals but there we got eliminated. Which meant BEACH TIME!

Thursday: No volleyball. Some sightseeing and then a run. Yeah, you read it right. I brought my running shoes and ran. I did 6k, then 10x 100m (approximately) strides on sand and 6k run back, and stretching. Evening was a party time, although I went to bed at midnight while the others continued training *drinking* for next day matches.

Friday: Well, let's just say that after hard "training" night some of our players had hard time getting up and we missed out first match. Bummer. Still managed to win other matches and qualified for next stage. Evening, sightseeing for some, running for me. 10k at pretty fast pace but my knee started to bother me:( "Training" continued throughout the night, but I got to bed at midnight again, although I got woken up at around 3am...

Saturday: We managed to get to out matches on time. Hooray! But lost:( Nobody was complaining because that way we could have gone to the beach and spend the rest of the day laying on a beach and swimming. I got sunburned. I decided not to run because of my knee. I did not want to push it too much. But I walked kinda a lot. Around 15k, not bed. No party for me that night, although the other came back at 5 in the morning...just in time to start getting ready to get to the airport:)

Sunday: No run, no nothing. Took a flight back to Paris and then met Lena and Hannah in Paris for hot chocolate. It has been almost 2 years since I have not seen them so it was really cool. I am glad we managed to get together.
Then it took me more that 2hours to get back to school although it is only 15k from Paris. Not only it was Sunday (which means train once in a hour) but SNCF workers are on strike (again)...

It is 11pm and I am dead. Quick shower and I am off.

If something interesting from this weekend pops into my mind, I will add it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Nice experience!
    So, you liked Barcelona at all?
    I propose you to check out this blog: http://barcelonaweekend.blogspot.com/ there are interesting things for the weekend that maybe you haven't seen yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete