Monday, April 5, 2010

One positive thing about studying in Europe

Yeah, it is true. After all my weaning about stupid European school system and why the f*** I have not stayed in the USA, I found ONE thing: Easter Monday = no school, no work, no nothing. (I am not sure how it is in the US in general, but at least at Brown we did not have this day off).

No school, no rain! I have enjoyed this day to my complete satisfaction!
Although I promised to myself that I will finish (but I need to start first, right?) my case report for strategy class on Thursday and continue sending more internship applications, I failed terribly.
I have received email this morning (!which means that they sent it on Sunday evening...) from company in Auburn Hills that they will contact we within 10 days about next steps. What the heck does that mean? That I got an internship and we will discuss visa issues or that they will let me know whether I am taken or not. Or what?!? Why cannot they just tell me YES (or no, but I would still prefer yes:) I secretly hope it means discussing visa issues therefore I have not had any urge to send more applications today.
Nothing happened that could have destroyed my urge to write a case report though, so still need to work on it.

I was thinking about finding a way to get to either Paris on foot or to La Miniere lakes. I have been to La Miniere before on bike and I liked it and I knew that it is not too far and that I can walk there and then run back. I packed my backpack with food (aka candy), water and cloths and I went. I have not followed the road I took when on bike and rather try to find trails that go there. And I was successful. It was awesome.



Horse farm and viaduct


Me on a bridge


One of La Miniere lakes



It took me 2 hours to get there and I ate way too much candy but I was happy. I wished I lived closer, that way I could run there every single day! There are 3 lakes and one of them is huge. I took me almost an hour to walk all the way around it. Lot of people were out enjoying holiday and nice weather.

After 3 hours of walking, I put on my running shorts, drank some water and decided to run back. It was pretty good easy run. I was running with a backpack and I love the thing. It is one of those backpacks for running/adventure races that has different straps and therefore does not jiggle around as you run. It was definitely more difficult to run with it but it had not bothered me at all.

Ok, now I am going to write that strategy case report about Patagonia. (I am also thinking about applied for an internship there...)

No comments:

Post a Comment