Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday long run

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." Definitely true!

I was supposed to run with a friend today but she sent me a text message in the middle of the night saying that she cannot make it. (On one hand, I like company and was glad to run with someone, but on the other hand, this girl is not fast at all and we would have done together maybe 5k at 6min/km pace (my most optimistic scenario), so it was also kinda relief when I learnt that I going to run alone)

I header out at around noon after I ate one grapefruit (I love grapefruits) for 18-20k easy run, trying to do the loop I wanted to do last week but could not because of a scary dog.
Then 19k, 5 rain showers, 1 hailstorm (I felt like a bad-ass, although I am sure that people in cars driving by thought I was crazy), 6x30sec pick-ups later I was soaked, tired but happy! My average pace was 4:58min/km. Which is great because I was not even trying.
My legs felt fresh, probably because they were well rested due to a VERY slow run yesterday, although my butt was still sore after Friday's strength exercises, but it loosen up after couple kilometers.
Those pick-ups and hailstones definitely helped to speed up my pace:)

Since I ate only one grapefruit before this run, it was not lack of energy that made me feel tired yesterday. It was something else, not sure what though.

I did 30ish minutes of yoga right after the run. I did something less challenging this time and it felt good. I am going to carry on with yoga!

Of course when I was done running, sun started to shine and clouds disappeared... I hope it stays like this for next few weeks/months. I could not restrain myself and went for a 2-hours long walk because I was soooo bored. I do not have any friends, I do not have my bike and I cannot stare into computer screen all day long. So I grabbed an apple and a packet of PB M&Ms and off I went:)

No comments:

Post a Comment