Monday, April 12, 2010

Some running and volleyball

I already miss a beach and gorgeous weather we had in Barcelona...It has been cold and windy, although sunny all day in Paris.

I decided that I would not go running today. I did not have any particular reason, just wanted to take a rest and "taper" before Thursday's race and maybe work on presentation that I am supposed to have on Thursday morning...(BTW, it seems that they changed the schedule and there is no 3k race on Thursday, which means that I will have to do 1500m. I hope that they put 3k back). But this "insane" thought of not running somehow vanished later in the day and I did 7k easy run around the lake on our campus.

Then I got back to my room, drank one glass of water, change my running shoes to volleyball shoes and went to play a volleyball match. This was a last minute thing, because until few minutes before the match we were not sure whether we have enough players. But we did and we went to Orsay to have some volleyball fun. Of course we lost (no surprise there, since it seems that our setter is still drunk from Barcelona...) but we had super fun. At least I did. I played the whole match and again had my bright moments:) Our coach was however pretty satisfied with our performance. He said that this was the first lost match of the whole season that we really played well because other matches that we lost were due to our "ridiculous performance" not due to strong opponents. Well, ok, he knows.

Of course I did not do anything for my presentation, I really need to start working on it tomorrow. Nothing can distract me, except maybe running practice and then some beach volleyball :)

1 comment:

  1. i`m looking forward to reading your 1500 m or 3000 m race report!

    ReplyDelete