Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tough workout

Todays 10x400 w/ 400m log was tough but mostly because of hot weather. We started at 2pm and it was around 90 degrees. Blah. Usually I like running when it is hot out but not today. Way too tiring.
Our coach told me to TRY to run them at 1:24 because that's the last 400m I run in my 3k race 2 weeks ago and he thought that it was already too fast for 10x400. But at the beginning of May I did 6x400 at 1:16-18 pace. So WTF? I do not get it. No, I do get it. He does not remember anything. (Maybe that's the reason why we do always the same workout, because he forgets that we did the same thing last week.) So I am sure he did not remember that we did 400s at 1:16-18 before and it wasn't too difficult. And also, he does not know anything about running. I know I keep complaining about this all the time and you might ask why I go there then. Well, it is the only time I have a chance to run with people who help me to get through a workout. So, that's the reason.

But I had solid workout it was nicely controlled and I felt I could run faster if I wanted to (but I did not want to): 1:23, 1:22, 1:22, 1:20, 1:22, 1:22, 1:22, 1:19, 1:20, 1:29 but after the 7th one, my recovery jog was more like recovery walk because it was sooooo hot out.
I drank almost 1 liter of water during the workout and then another 1l after.
Then I did 4 cool down laps and drag myself to volleyball beach pitch:) I played for 30min but then it started to rain because it has been so hot all day so we decided to call it a day.

It is sunny again now and I am leaving for Spanish class.

No comments:

Post a Comment