- I am too occupied these days to post a full Olympics report so it will not get done but I have two things to say:
Triathlon: those girls were flying in that 10k at the end. When you watch it on a TV it is completely different than watching them run live. They were so freaking fast!!!
Marathon: A lot of women seemed quite old. I do not know whether they were indeed old or whether a hard endurance training years after years did that to them.
- I have been at my grandparents for last 3 days and I have already managed to eat my weight in tomatoes. And apples, peaches, plums, eggplant.... Everytime I come here in summer I am reminded how discusting and tasteless all vegetables and fruits we buy in stores are. Blah. Home-grown food is one of the things I miss the most about home.
- I did a1k/400m workout yesterday and it was HARD! 1k at 5k pace, 90sec jog, 400 fast, 2,5min jog. hanging paces makes workouts quite challenging.
- I did swim 3times this week already. Not too long, but better than nothing. I am going to my parents´house at the lake so hopefully will be able to do some open water swimming.
- I have not ridden a bike for 3 years (because that´s how long I have not been in Slovakia in summer) but it is just riding a bike, you do not forget. I did not kill myself neither anyone else.
- I got work visa finally and can start in IL in October. Woo-hoo.
Hurting in a different way
2 days ago