Friday, September 8, 2017

Week 1

Since my "official", or we can also call it less luckluster more scheduled, training started on Monday, let's see how it is going. Not very well I must admit.
I did an easy 4 miler on Monday night in a storm stopping by the house every mile because A was screaming her lungs out if she was not outside listening to evening sounds and I felt bad leaving Nathan with her alone. But they were fine.
Tuesday I decided to do 3x mile on a track. I love track and I was excited and confident but it turned out to be a big fat fail:( I was going to go there after Nathan comes from work and then he was going to meet me there to perform a baby hand over so he can go to his evening class. Well, he got home 20' later than expected, my wedding dress arrived so of course I had to try it and then I suddently had 40 min before he needed to go to his class and it is 20min drive to the track. I decided to still try it, speeding and pumping while driving.... My warm up was a 2.5min jogfrom the parking lot to the track and then started my first mile. 7:57, right where I wanted to be and it felt good. Then my stop watch died! My favorite watch!!!! I have had it for almost 18 years. I got it for my 15th birthday and I loved it! I am going to try to put a new battery in and see whether I can get a few more years out of it. Anyway, 2nd mile and I died. I dont know what pace I was running but I think it was 9+. And I only did 1200m and had to stop because Nathan arrived with the baby. I still had one mile to go and A was sleeping in her stroller so I figured I can run it since I will see her from anywhere on the track and I would be coming around every few minutes to check whether she is still sleeping. And yes, she slept right through it and also through a few strengthening exercises I did after. And that last mile? It was a dead march, probably 11 min pace. I almost cried! I know know why I fell apart. Maybe all the stress leading up to the workout?
Wednesday I did muscular endurance (big gear) ride on a trainer (5x6 min) and either my powermeter pedals are not calibrated or I should just forget this whole triathlon thing and start competitive eating instead....even on ME pieces my power was 90-95 watts. I am 99% sure it is the powermeter but there is still that 1% that makes me quite worried.
Thursday (today) was a beautiful day, sunny and cool so I decided today is the day. A's first stroller run. I bundled her up so she couldnt move, put her in her carseat and into stroller and off we went. That stroller was heavy! I take her for stroller walks daily but without the infant car seat and adding the car seat and all the blankets I used for padding added quite a weight. We did 4 miles and although it was super slow I was happy with it. She was happy too, slept right through it:) I think I will like running with her for my recovery runs and Nathan will run with her too so I am on look out for a BOB now. Stroller I have is great for walks since I can go with car seat or without and I can turn the stroller seat portion facing out or facing me and I like that variability but it is not great for faster running. I found one on craigslist in St Louis (1.5h drive) and I am going to look at it on Sunday since I will be in St Louis. Then I did 30min easy ride followed by 1mile off the bike at 10pm after A went to bed. Two workouts in a day! Go me!

And why will I be in St Louis on Sumday you ask? I am doing a sprint triathlon. It was an impulse sign up and I am sure I will regret it 25 yards into the swim....Plus, what to wear...what to wear? I am 40 pounds overweight (I havent lost any weight in the last 3 weeks! Very frustrating!) and none of my old tri clothes fit. I have 2 days to figure it out (although I doubt I can figure out wetsuit situation. Obviously I cannot fit into my wetsuit. I will just have to swim very very fast to get out of water asap. Btw, I have not swam for months.)
Oh, and I am doing another sprint triathlon following Sunday too. I am not sure what I was thinking last week signing up for all these races! Im excited to race but I think I will be frustrated with my slowness.

Alexa had her 2 month check up today and she is at 10lbs 10oz (7lbs 2oz at birth) which is 25 percentile and 22 1/4 inch (20inch at birth) which is 50 percentile. She was at 25 percentile for both at 6 week check up so she seems to be growing in height more then in weight. Well, I am 6' so she might take after me. And she got her shots. She cried to 1min and then she was her happy self again looking around and taking the world in.

No comments:

Post a Comment