Monday, September 25, 2017

Keeping the promises

Is it really a promise if I schedule my training plan and then stick with it? I guess it is kind of a promise to myself, isn't it?

As I wrote last week, my intention was to get to 4 miles of intervals and in my mind what it really meant was to do 4x1mile repeats at 8' pace.
I started HIIT class at a local gym and my legs were just sore from it! (My gluts' strength is pathetic...) The class is Mon, Wed and Th plus I have trainer strength session on Tue. I took Monday off (only did HIIT class) and then Tue came and no repeats, Wed, Th and suddenly it was Thursday night and I was sad/mad/upset with myself that I did not do those repeats and I knew I will not be able to do them over the weekend. The whole week my training was pretty much super easy and pretty much non-existant and I know it was my fault but I was just super upset about it/myself. At least I did thise HIIT classes.
Every day I would wake up to feed A at around 5-6 and tell myself I will do my run or my ride after the second feeding (she usually sleeps 9-5/6, eats, sleeps till 8, eats, sleeps till 10/11) but I never did. 
I did not get to bed until 11 on Thursday and then Alex woke up at 4 to eat. I almost did not get up, it took every bit of self-discioline to not go back to sleep after she ate. I am sure everyone has those days occassionally. But man was I glad I did get up! 
I had the best interval session yet! 4x1mile at 8' pace with 3 min walk/job and it felt good! The last 400 of the last two intervals were harder but it was more mental (boring!) than anything else. And I think I could have gone little faster (not much thought!). So yay for progress!

I will not do 4 miles of intervals every week though, it is too much, I think that 4-5k is enough. With some tempo runs thrown in.

I plan on doing bike FTP test next week, to have some baseline and really start doing some workouts instead of dilly dallying around!

No comments:

Post a Comment