Monday, September 4, 2017

Group ride

Oh wow, I havent done a ride with a group since last year March/April when I was in Arizona for training camp. I did a few group rides in winter but it was in my boss' basement on trainers so that hardly counts.

When I first came to this little town in southern Illinois I looked for people to train with but no such luck. I found a group of people that rode bikes but I was always training and doing soecific workouts or they were riding too slowly or they were riding like roadies with random attacks and I just did not enjoy it. So I did most of my training alone. 
Until last year when a few people from work dcided to do Hawaii 70.3 and then we had some new people at work come from overseas and they do triathlons so now there is a group of people to train with! Plus a bike shop opened in town and they organize rides. 

Last Saturday I was finally able to join the ride organized by the shop. There was 9 of us, 6 non-Americans (all from work!) and 3 Americans:) I LOVED it. It was awesome to be outside riding. We took a route I never took before and we were rolling at decent but comfortable pace for 1h15m (although once I get fitter it will be too slow).

Then a colleague asked me whether I want to join him and his wife for a ride on Sunday and as soon as we started I realized I might be in trouble because it was little too fast for me right now. I did not do any pulling, just sucking their wheels and trying not to get dropped for 32 miles. I almost managed...but I did get dropped the last 3 miles but they were nice enough to slow down and not leave me behind. I dont ever want to get dropped! Structured training started today and there is indeed a lot of work that needs to be done!

My baby is 2 months old today!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment