Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello from California

I made it in one piece, hopefully bike makes it in one piece as well (ok, I know that right now bike is in like 20 pieces, but you know what I mean)

I went exploring the area yesterday and was little bumped. I went to the ocean and road I chose to take (Santa Monica Boulevard) was not that nice. Cars and dirt everywhere. And fog as you get closer to the ocean and it was pretty cold then. And water is so cold. So my first impression was not very positive.

But I went running this morning and apparently Santa Monica Blvd is not a right place for a walk because streets I went through today were gorgeous. Palm trees, nice houses. Ok, I admit that part of the reason why I liked it was that I did not wear glasses when I run or bike so I could not clearly see all dirt if there was any:)
And just to clarify, I did not run on streets, I walk app 1 mile to get to a country club where I heard they have dirt road people run on. I ran around 4 miles there. The loop is around 2 miles and I did 2 and it was perfect. It is actually a dirt road (it looks like an unfinished sidewalk without concrete/asphalt cover) around a golf course. It is not inside the country club complex, it is outside the fence but it was pretty nice. And a lot of other runners. And I saw bikers on streets. And I had to run through farmer's market...
And who the hell says there is no humidity in California?!? That's not true.
Plus I think that there was a road race because I saw couple people with bib numbers and water stations. I might go out and check it out (although it might be over since it was 3 hours ago), plus I want to see that farmers market- prices and stuff. So I guess unpacking will have to wait till later. I also want to go see UCLA campus.

I hope the bike arrives soon so I can go to Santa Monica Mountains, that will be cool.
My roommate is a biker, she has a very cool expensive road bike and also one mountain bike so maybe she will take me sometime with her although I am not sure I want my biker butt kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment