Saturday, February 13, 2010

Prologue Raid Central 2010

Quote of the day: Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first.

What a day! Running through the woods all day freezing my ass off...
Today was my first adventure race ever. It was awesome (although really cold, I started with 3 cloths layers and ended with 5 and our water in bottles got frozen), I am really sorry I cannot participate on the 5-days long adventure race in April...

Our team was definitely one of the best teams and if we did not get lost we might have finished in top 5. I am frustrated but I will get over it eventually.

We were teams of 4 people from different schools and I did it with some guys from Paris Arts et Metiers (or something like that).
First race: 9k run. We and other 3 teams started really fast but eventually slowed down then we saw that the others were far behind. We finished this part as the 3rd team and 1st team with a girl in a team (yeahhhhh!).
But next race was orientation course where we got a map and a compass and were supposed to get to 17 check points. Unfortunately, they did not indicate where we were and we had real problems. We left in a wrong direction and it took us 45min to get to the first check point. We managed to get to all of them within set limit of 2 hours but 45min was too much and most team got ahead of us.
Next was run and bike- 12k divided into 3 "sprint" parts. That was even crazier than just running because there was snow and the forest paths were slippery and full of roots and rocks that we could not see under snow...real adrenalin! But we did pretty well because one of the guys is a competitive mountain biker and we -the others- are not bad either.
Then there was shooting, but not from rifles as we though but from these funny things that you had to blow into it. I scored 0 (which added to our misery).

We finished strong but we were all miserable that we got lost....We really were one of the best teams (in spite of having a girl-me-in our team, yeahhhh).

I feel pretty good, only my shin muscles are sore, weird. Otherwise not sore at all. I probably did not push myself enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment