Friday, February 26, 2010

I love it but I have to get rid of it...and...NOBODY is sleeping in Slovakia tonight!

Quote of the day: "The advantages? Exercise, no parking problems, gas prices, it's fun. An automobile is expensive. You have to find a place to park and it's not fun. So why not ride a bicycle? I recommend it."

I have always loved biking (some neighbors might however disagree because when I was a kid and my father taught me how to ride a bike without those small side wheels to support me, I was really scared and I screamed as if he was trying to kill me (which at the moment I thought he was:)) and couple of our neighbors came to see what was going on and questioned my parents what they were doing with me:)) but I started to enjoy it even more last summer when I could not run and I biked a lot- I used my bike to get to work, which meant that I did minimum 40miles a day. I wanted to bring my bike with me to France but it has not worked out, and therefore one of the first things I did here was that I have bought a bike.
I am very glad I did, because there are so many nice places. Everytime I go out on a bike, I find new paths and some cool neighborhoods.
Therefore I am sorry that I must sell my bike in 4 weeks. I will not be here next year (I am going to LA, yay!)and I have road bike, mountain bike and trail bike in Slovakia, plus my father has his bikes and therefore there is no reason to keep this one. I need to sell it before vacation and the only way to be 100% sure that I really sell it by then is doing it through this "old sporting goods sale" at the end of March. It is breaking my heart! I will be left without my road bike for whole 2 months. Of course I have the second bike here (I know, I am crazy...who would bring two(!) bikes to business school campus???) but it is a very old and too-small-for-me bike and I can not enjoy long rides on it.
But I still have 4 weeks, right? In the meanwhile, I am going to explore this wonderful area as much as possible!

Enough crying! My today's work-out stats: I did around 35k today (on bike of course) and then went to the gym (legs, abs, few triceps and biceps exercises (5 pull-ups, hm, I am weak))

Now, I need to go to bed, because I need to get up at 3:30am to watch hockey semi-finals (wouldn't it be great if Slovakia beat Canada for finals in their own country? I am not too optimistic about that but I can dream, right?).
Or maybe I will just sleep through the game because so much excitement is not good for my heart and (in)sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment