Sunday, July 15, 2012

Running is all good


The knee does not feel that great. I can feel it when I have to push with that leg (e.g. standing up from the chair) so I have decided not to bike today at all. Not a good timing for not being able to bike since I will not be able to bike next weekend either. I am going to France to catch the TdF action on Champs Elysees.

But I had another great running workout today. Yeap, running fitness is coming around! Woo-hoo.
15min tempo followed by 4x800 @ 3:09, 3:08, 3:09, 3:06. Tempo was little slower than last week but still in the right range. I took only 4min after the tempo, I took 5min last week, and I am slowly getting it down to 3min, because that’s what I used to do in 2010.
800 were fine, not easy-peasy though. I must say that tempo left the legs quite tired. It is the purpose however, so it is all good.
I think that I will go to a track for the next similar workout to make sure that the times I run are indeed close to times I would run for an accurate distance. Because track does not lie!

Also did 1k easy swim just to loosen up.


No comments:

Post a Comment