Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FIRE!!!

Do not worry, I am not talking about an arson. I am talking about my legs...
I did a hill workout today: 10x400 and man was it hard! Of course, it was bike workout, not running workout. My first real bike workout ever. Until today, I usually did only long steady rides but I figured I should do something more productive. So hills it was.
I did 1,5k warm up and then started the workout. I took 3 minutes recovery between each hill for first 5 hills but then I could not bear it any longer and had to extend it to 5 minutes recovery. In those 5 minutes I kinda forgot how hard a hill interval is and could start a new interval. My quads were burning like hell, my heart was about to jump out of my chest and I thought I am going to throw up soon. Just horrible.
I was always saying that cyclist are incredible because it is a really hard sport, especially going up a hill and today just confirmed this.
Then I did 15k cool down, just cruising around and enjoying a ride.

I am sure that I can only benefit from these kind of intervals. It is an awesome strength workout.
Check this out:


I am not quite there yet, but getting there :)

Oh, I have forgotten: I did 17k power walk this morning. To the mall to get a camera, so now I can take pictures:)

And in the evening I did my Push Ups challenge routine Day2 of Week2. 74 push ups today (14, 16, 12, 12, 20). It is definitely getting more challenging and I am not looking forward to week 6. But I need to be strong and set a good example for Mad:)

1 comment: